Key Survey Status Descriptions
This page describes disruptions that can occur while you use Key Survey.
A status change can occur when there an error in the system, Key Survey staff is reduced or if something needs to be updated/upgraded:
Limited Service or Limited Client Support:
- What is "Limited Service" and how does it affect me?
- Description: Limited Service generally occurs as a result of prolonged Key Survey staff absences.
- Duration: This can last anywhere between one and three working weeks.
- Survey activation/launch requests will continue to be processed.
- Consultations will become unavailable.
- New Account requests will not be processed until AFTER "Limited Service" has ended.
- The system, as well as all existing and active surveys will NOT be affected.
- What happens during a "Public Holiday"?
- Description: During public holidays, ALL Key Survey services will become unavailable.
- Duration: A public holiday normally lasts for one day.
- The Key Survey system will continue to run.
- The system will be checked periodically by administrators.
- All services normally provided will be unavailable until the public holiday ends.
Service Disruption - Issue:
- What kind of "Service Disruptions" can I expect and how long do they take to fix?
- Description: A Service Disruption occurs when an error or update forces the Key Survey system to go offline.
- Duration: This can last anywhere between a few minutes and one working day (depending on severity).
- Disruptions occur very rarely and can normally be fixed within a few minutes.
- Key Survey users and respondents will be unable to answer surveys or login during these periods.
- The Key Survey website can also become inaccessible during a disruption.
Key Survey Upgrade:
- What does a "Key Survey Upgrade" involve?
- Description: All current surveys and data are backed-up before a new software version is installed.
- Duration: The Key Survey system will go offline for about two hours (usually between 7 and 9pm).
- Vendors release new Key Survey software as soon as it is developed and tested.
- Upgrades are actioned after hours to reduce disruptions to users and respondents.
- If you have an important survey running you can contact Survey Support to discuss rescheduling an upgrade.
Key Survey Update or Bug-Fix Update:
- What's the difference between an "Update" and an "Upgrade"?
- Description: An update generally involves installing patch files to update features rather than upgrading to a new version.
- Duration: The Key Survey system will go offline between half and two hours (usually between 7 and 9pm).
- Patches are occasionally released to add new features, plug-ins and/or fix software problems.
- The survey system administrator will reserve two hours (after business hours) to perform an update for testing purposes.
- If you have an important survey running you can contact Survey Support to discuss rescheduling updates.