Request Survey Activation
Survey Activation allows you to launch your surveys publicly. You can "activate" them by filling in a request form (link provided below).
Please make sure that you follow and complete ALL of these steps BEFORE you continue:
- All surveys must comply with the rules and requirements outlined in the conditions of use.
- Your survey needs to be tested, checked and confirmed with your approver.
- If your survey targets a large number of respondents (i.e. over 10,000 people) or you are unsure about anything please send an email to Survey Support for more information.
- It is up to both you and your approver to ensure that ALL of these requirements are met before submitting a "Request Survey Activation" form.
- You are SOLELY responsible for any content that you release to the public.
Once you have submitted your survey activation request form, an automated email will be sent to your approver for action.
Once we receive confirmation from your nominated approver please allow up to 7 working days (10 working days during limited service periods) for your survey to be made available for public access.
Step-By-Step Guide - How to "Activate" and "Launch" your survey
- Test and review your completed survey with your Approver. He/she could be your:
- Head of School, Department or Institute
- Project Leader; OR
- A person with sufficient authority
- STAFF ONLY: You can be your own approver (A Proof Reader is still required)
- Follow the link above to access the "Request Survey Activation" form:
- Once you have submitted your form a copy is sent to both Survey Support and your approver.
- Your approver will need to confirm the readiness of your survey with Survey Support by:
- Following the provided link in the automated email and completing a quick approval form.
- NOTE: If your approver is on leave, their backup person can act in their stead - Simply add them to your form.
- Once we have received confirmation, your survey will be processed within one-to-three working days.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you:
- If your form is filled in incorrectly you will be asked to resubmit it with correct details.
- If your request is denied by your approver, you will be notified.
- Once your survey has been activated you can launch it publicly using your Key Survey account's "Launch" pages:
- Click the "Launch" button for your survey on the main "Surveys" page.
- Set your "Start" and "End" survey dates to cover the period that your respondents will be using your survey.
- Choose your distribution method and send your survey to your respondents.