Glossary of Terms
This is the print-friendly version of the following page:
[Return to original version]
Provided below is a list of commonly used terms associated with Key Survey along with their definitions:
NOTE: New terms will be added based on commonly asked questions.
Account Related Terms
- Account Subscription:
- When an account is made it is given a default lifespan of one year. If your account subscription expires you can extend it for free by contacting the Survey Support.
- Remove test messages from your surveys and allow full public access to them (see Launch & Activate).
- "Approval Required":
- The survey that you have highlighted will require activation before you can launch it publicly (see Launch & Activate for further details).
- Credits are designed to limit your account features. They are freely distributed at QUT and can be recharged any time via email request (see FAQs for further details).
- Distribute and release your survey for use (see Launch & Activate).
- "Media Library":
- A page located under "My Account" which is used to store media files online for use in your surveys.
- Multi-Access Account:
- A Key Survey account designed for a single person to manage a set number of sub-users (see Account Types).
- Shared Account:
- A Single Account with a shared username and password for more than one person (see Account Types).
- Single Account:
- A Key Survey standard account designed for a single person's use (see Account Types).
- SMA Account:
- SMA or "Shared Multi-Access" is a Multi-Access account with more than one administrator (see Account Types).
- Survey Creation Workflow:
- A development process designed to help researchers create high quality surveys and collect meaningful respondent data.
- Survey Series:
- A complex survey consisting of two or more surveys combined using a common identifier, password profile or redirection plug-in.
- URL Suffix:
- Add an identifying question to the end of your survey's web address (see URL Suffix Guide).
Development Related Terms
- Application Tags:
- Special code that can add specific functions to your survey. These tags look like single web tags (e.g. <upload_your_file/> - See the Application Tag Guide for more information).
- The number of respondents who have successfully completed your survey.
- Click Through:
- An activity tally that counts the number of times anyone has used your web link to access your survey.
- "Edit Survey" Page:
- Provides an overview of all of your survey questions (including Section Headings).
- Email Survey Distribution:
- Send your survey to a specific list of respondents' email addresses.
- HTML Code:
- Generate code snippets to help launch your survey inside web pages.
- In Progress:
- The number of people who have opened and partially completed your survey or failed to submit a response.
- Master Survey URL:
- Copy and paste your survey's web address into an email or a web page.
- Password Survey Protection:
- Use a spreadsheet to import respondent details and use them as login credentials.
- Customise your questions by using answers entered in previous questions.
- Question Analysis Code (or QAC):
- A custom label that you can apply to your questions which can be queried after exporting to external programs (e.g. Excel, XML or SPSS).
- Question Identifier (or QID):
- A custom name that you can create for your questions that can be referred to using Piping, Logic and Plug-in Settings.
- Response Rate:
- The percentage of respondents who have successfully completed your survey.
- "Surveys" Page:
- The "Surveys" page is the main page in your account that lists all of your surveys and folders.
- Upload Responses:
- Upload response files into your survey for analysis.
- An acronym for "What You See Is What You Get".